Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Apple Umpkin 2013

We don't do too many of the festivals but we like to go to Kapnick's Orchard in Tecumseh during the annual Apple-Umpkin festival. Or as we like to call it...the Umpalumpkin Festival. I don't go too much for the craft's or art but I do enjoy the people watching so it's a good little side venture if you don't want to actually brave the crowded Tecumseh streets just to get a corn dog.



Vivienne has a good time. She likes to see the animals and watch people feed them, which I bravely do now for her benefit. She also likes to go on the pony ride.






First she sizes them all up to decide which one she wants and then always asks the pony corral people what it's name is. This year she rode Pepper, a little white pony. I tried to get her to ride a different one who I thought was prettier but she only had eyes for Pepper so Pepper it was!








After her ride on Pepper we got some lunch, three corn dogs a small bucket of fries and one lemonade....$30 bucks! So much for a cheap day at Kapnick's.  It may have been the best corn dog ever.




We went into the store and stocked up on cider and doughnuts and I can't pass an apple fritter, they are my absolute fave, so we got a couple of those and the kid got a hot off the press caramel apple, with sprinkles, of course. I now know that if I put caramel on a stick Viv will eat it. lol

In all we lasted about an hour and a half and that was perfect so we took off for home.

No comments: