Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Knocked up

I keep saying I'm knocked up. Is this offensive? Apparently one can only be knocked up if one is unmarried. I gather this is an unflattering term? I didn't know. Is this because it comes from an older generation? Or do I just not care about political correctness?
I guess it's an insult?


I'm very confused.

On another note.

*I* thought the new Star Trek movie was FABULUUUUUUUOOOOUUUUS!

Even if it did cost $7.50 on A Monday at 1:30 in the afternoon. Who knew?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Wooooo hoooooooo!!!!! I think you are going to be such a good mom! You're a loving, fun person and I'm so excited! Keep us updated! Oh, and I think "knocked up" is funny, not offensive, but that's just me. ;)

Katherine said...

I agree with Elizabeth! It's a funny phrase! I'm also super excited for you! You'll be so caring a great!! P.S. Sean said he wants to be invited to the next Downie girl cousins dinner...yeesh. Boys. ;)