Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anniversary

Thursday was our five year anniversary. We wanted to go to the zoo, but of course it rained all day. :( So instead we hunted for "Michigan's Best Burger" and found it. According to the Metro Times, it is in Royal Oak at the Redcoat Tavern.

We went. It is indeed delicious and TOTALLY worth the trip! Royal Oak is a great town to spend the day in! Who knew? There are TONS of tiny shops to stop in and also.....dun dun dun....A bakery called Astoria. I wish I had taken my camera....but I didn't. I will just tell you this, there is NOTHING in there that didn't make my mouth water. It was like a little slice of heaven I'm certain.

I got a piece/hunk of german chocolate fudge cake and Marc had creme brulee and we sat outside with coffee and lots of crazy little sparrows. They must be fed like crazy because they actually come right up to you and beg! I thought they were going to dive bomb us and it was too much so I packed up my cake and got the heck out of there.

All in all it was a fun day...exhausting...but fun. I'm learning the baby bun has limited me to a few hours of up time. Then I am forced to take a nap, whether I want to or not.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Mmmmm...that sounds delicious!! Happy Belated anniversary!